Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless doorbells? Any "better" brands or frequencies?
I've bought two wireless doorbells, one a B&Q cheapo and another a Byron SX= 15i cheapo from ebay. Both displayed the same problem - OK to set up, work= fine, and then start randomly ringing...
42
42

From Psychic Bib, of the Daily Mash
Scorpio (24 OCT-21 NOV) A disappointing response from the people at after you realise it isn?t actually an honestly-named dating website.
1
1

TiN drill bits
Hi, There's a set on promotion at CPC: Toolstation seems to sell an identical set: anyone bought either? Any good?...
23
23

drivel
Now we know where drivel has been these past few months: in Russia waiting for his Lada to come off the production line.
15
15

Kitchen Wall Cupboards asthetics
We are planning a new kitchen - it is a long and narrow room. My wife is dead keen on tall wall units that go to the ceiling. I am not so sure as I think it will make the kitchen look narrower and as...
20
20

Dead CFLs
Yesterday during a storm, my reading lamp flickered a bit (not unusual during a storm). Then it started making fizzy noises, emitted sparks, and finished off with a few puffs of smoke. The tube now...
8
8

AA Battery Showdown
and Duracell so ain`t the winner.... http://www.batteryshowdown.comCheersAdam
36
36

Serial to Parallel converter
Anyone got a serial to parallel converter lying around that they'd like to convert to beer tokens? I need to take in RS232 data at 9600 baud and bung it out to a Centronics equipped laser printer, so...
37
37

Grand Designs
Oh gawd, yet another wood and glass box. Fuc. Dat.
8
8

Vastly off topic - Buyometric on Facebook
I keep getting posts on Facebook. So does my Lady Wife. So far I haven't been able to work out if I have subscribed to this, or if someone else has. Either way, how do I stop it? Cheers Dave R
4
4

Toolfair 2012
Anyone else planning of going tomorrow (Ricoh arena, Coventry)? Drop me an email if you are...

Stelrad Radical radiators
I'm considering replacing our existing Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 BF combi, which is about 12-13 years old. Our neighbour in the other half of the converted barn reckons he saves 500 quid a year in...
13
13

very OT, NHS waiting times
OT. I'm trying to get some understanding of nhs waiting lists/times. Basically, in considerable pain and waiting for op. Seen consultant, told "about 4 weeks waiting". Just called and his sec. says...
70
70

Veneering.
Being a newbie, what is the best tape to use to hold two bits together when gluing? There seems to be a bewildering choice at very different prices.
3
3

Leaking Radiator Valve
An old (30+ years) radiator valve is leaking slowly. I seem to remember from somewhere that you can remove the spindle to replace the O-rings without shutting down or draining the system. Is this the...
10
10