Subject Author Posted Replies

Cage clamp connectors
There was an interesting thread covering crimped connections a couple of days ago. Would I be correct in assuming that cage clamp type connectors such as Wago 222/224 could be used instead of crimps...
3
3

Loft flooring - quick question
I am going to put in a bit more loft flooring, where the water tanks came out after the combi boiler was installed. Up until now I have cut the panels to fit half way across the joist so the ends are...
4
4

Close coupled cistern toilet seat posts loose_any suggestions valued
My toilet seat (retaining) posts have become loose, but being close coupled cistern, have no access to what I presume are some form of plastic wing nuts underneath. I gather you can now get top...

Low water pressure - could the megaflo prv be the problem?
I've got decent mains water pressure and flow at the garden tap - around 3 bar and 30 lpm. But the pressure on the first floor is about 0.8 bar, and the flow is under 10 lpm. There's less than 3M...
5
5

Ultimate D-I-Y?
3
3

Anyone got any spare SODIMMS
anything 512MB and up considered: DDR 200 pin for Acer Aspire 1510.. NOT DDR2/3 and not over 1GB.. I've got 2x256M in there at the mo. Needs more:-( And a new battery..
6
6

Interesting technology?
Interesting part is from around 3.40 Anyone got ideas on this? new technology?
4
4

Anyone tried new high-tech lightweight filler with glass beads?
It was recommended to me and I've just bought a tub of Wilco's own brand stuff. Comes in a big tub that would usually weigh about half a kilo but feels like there's nothing in it! It looks like a...
10
10

Humming Toaster
Breville Lightening two slot electronic toaster, such as Loud humming starts as soon as I put bread in and depress the lever and stops when toast is done. Toast is still done properly. I've tried...
10
10

Floor paint over PVA
I primed our new garage floor with pva to keep the dust down, and then a while later painted it with solvent-based Leyland floor paint off Screwfix. Surprise, surprise - the solvent-based paint...
12
12

Replacing a surface mount processor.
I have a Megasquirt aftermarket car ECU with one of the injector circuits dead. Turns out to be the daughter board with the processor on it. Substituting the board sorts things, and probing with a...
39
39

Large Satellite Dish required
I have looked for Fibreglass or alluminium dishes all over the place. There must be some around somewhere, hopefull in Norfolk. I need something of about 2 metres diameter, to generate steam from the...
13
13

OT AA breakdown cover renewal
Following a post last month on the same subject I just called the AA to say I was leaving them. The guy on the phone said he would look into what he could do for me to reduce my premium. I cut him...
14
14

Possible to replace Wilo warm water circulation pump?
Hello, Our gas central heating boiler also provides hot water via a hot tank, loca ted in the cellar. Becaue of the distance from the hot tank to the rest of the house, the hot water pipes are looped...
27
27

Large single phase stick welder tripping breaker
I have inherited a large Oxford 250 amp welder. On connecting it up to what I thought was a suitable supply, it trips a 32 amp breaker, when I input between the 0 and 240 volt terminals, there are...
10
10