Stand alone baths ?

No, not the ones in the middle of the room but the ones close to the wall, usually in a corner.

Having spent a couple of decades perfecting the art of sealing a bath to the wall, before tiling down and then sealing again, is this new fashion as impractical as it appears i.e. do you spend a lot of time on your hands and knees, with a long mop?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

They are just a fashion item. They make no sense, IMO.

Reply to
Bod

They look horrible, IMO. But I suppose if you had a long enough mop, you wouldn't need to be on your hands and knees :)

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

On Saturday 07 September 2013 20:14 Phil L wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Possibly they are "nice" if you have a palace and your bathroom is 30x30 ft and Michaelangelo did the ceiling.

No real loss, cleaning wise.

But in the real world, you want as many sealed wipe down surfaces as possible.

Reply to
Tim Watts

While we are on the subject of impractical bath fashions.

Lots of Grand Designs and the like position a bath somewhere in the middle of the bedroom "because the view is just marvelous". I can't help but wonder how much extraction they need to prevent the bedroom becoming unacceptably damp.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , at 08:35:38 on Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Chris J Dixon remarked:

And all those people installing upstairs wet rooms, how long before the room underneath is wet all the time too?

Reply to
Roland Perry

*If* its done properly they will have got bored and moved before that happens.
Reply to
dennis

Not all freestanding baths have a visible void underneath them. We just installed one of these:

Personally I think it looks gorgeous and the missus is very happy with is, which is important.

Since it has very high sides, we've not spilled water at all, so no problems there at all.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

Easy, put the bath in a wet room. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Although I do have a bit of an aversion to any consumer orientated website that does not display prices.

Reply to
Andrew May

Aye, me too. Bloody annoying.

Reply to