Subject Author Posted Replies

Plastic coated steel roofing - expected life of coating?
Over 10 years ago we built the Mother of All Sheds. The roofing was corrugated steel sheet with a green plastic coating. This last year the coating has started to lift off the areas which have been in...
8
8

Glowworm micron 60FF reset
Hi, I have a Glowworm Micron 60FF boiler, which keeps resetting. Reset light on solid. It happens once or twice a day. In between the resets, the boiler works fine. It makes little difference where...
17
17

Powerline adapters through generator
Will powerline adapters work through a generator with all electrical sockets connected to it? Im trying to set up WiFi at a remote location with various work trailers, all taking power from a truck...

Fencing questions
Having effected some temporary repairs on our fence (panel down due to wind), I was minded to wonder how feather-board fencing ought to be installed. In our case with panels 4ft or 5ft high or so, it...
27
27

Dust sheets and apprentice
Thick as fuck. A fully refurbished function room and so I dust sheeted up, did my ceiling damage and found the missing cable and asked the brain dead one to clean up. So he then emptied the dust sheet...
80
80

Dealing with plaster cracks
i am in a 1990's built brick and breeze block built house. i have some plaster cracks around the windows, on the walls that seem to come back even after the bathroom was re-plastered about ten years...
4
4

TOT meaningless security
When logging into my on-line bank account I'm informed about my last login, presumably as a security measure so that I can contact them if it wasn't me. The only problem it always tells me that my...
2
2

Replacing stamps with bar coded ones
Some time ago when I knew about an increase in the price of 1st and 2nd class stamps I bought several hundred stamps. I know that I won't want to use these before 31/1/23 so I sent off 100 1st and 100...
6
6

Rescuing data from an inaccessible hard drive?
A follow up to the IDE/SATA to USB thread. Device purchased and it works. One particular drive, a Seagate Barracuda 160 GB 7200.7, which is probably almost 20 years old, cannot be read. I can see the...
4
4

Energy use monitor, current transformers.
I was toying with building a multi channel current logger[1] that could be used to instrument multiple circuits. Has anyone used one of these: so, do you have dimensions for it? Just wondering how...
7
7

Irish Whiskey Academy, in Midleton, County Cork, Ireland
Irish Whiskey Academy, in Midleton, County Cork, Ireland videos & photos Video footage and photo gallery of the Irish Whiskey Academy

Where to buy wide, thin-walled, bamboo tube?
I need some thin-walled bamboo tube that I'll cut into short lengths (about 100mm), the diameter needs to be around 50-75mm. Mr Google, eBay and Amazon haven't been helpful so I'd be grateful to...
4
4

How did this email get to be delivered to me
See the item below, which is a translated version from the Chinese or whatever original script. It doesn't seem to be any sort of scam or phishing attempt, but I have these before. They don't seem to...
5
5

Fox wedging
I am currently repairing a door which turned out to be assembled using *fox wedging* and thought this article might be of interest.. it came apart without too much hammering!
7
7

Aaahhhhhhhhh Bought DAB Radio
Would you believe, no signal in house, but car ok on driveway, what a load of bad planning.
16
16