Subject Author Posted Replies

EU Eco Design Directive - Energy saving pumps
I've just been reading up on the above as part of some college work, some of you may know that all replacement external circulating pumps had to be high efficiency from January 2013. In 2015, this...
30
30

Anti static trousers?
I'm getting fed up with a couple of pairs of my trousers, no matter what I do, whenever i wear them I get electocuted when I touch things like the bed base, the screws in an earthed bit of equipment,...
15
15

Bathroom dehumidifier/air extraction
Hi, I?ve recently purchased a flat (first time buyer; DIY noob) and I?m loo king to do some renovations. The flat is on the top/3rd floor and was buil t in 1963. It?s got a flat roof. My bathroom can...
10
10

Drill bit for sandstone?
Hello all, I want to attach an outside socket (a nice IP66 spec one) to a wall made of Whitby sandstone blocks. I need a hole 6mm or 8mm to take a suitable plug and screw. Do I specifically need a...
17
17

[OT] SIP Provider
Anyone got any recomendations for a SIP provider? We don't make that many calls, so packages with 1000 UK Landline mins/month will be mostly be wasted. Useage from Nov '11 to Feb '13, averages at...
30
30

old everything...:-(
I casually fired up Google Earth to research a cache that some trespasser had hidden 50 yards from the nearest footpath. Various unsanitary messages later I decided the Earth has moved on. XP and my...
15
15

"Ads not by this site" - harry
Why are your posts placing the text "Ads not by this site" at the end of the previous post on your responses? Looks daft and breaks the convention that you don't change the post you are replying to...
13
13

Ethernet Conduit
If you know what cable's going in there, best to put it in along with the conduit.
44
44

Deposit on floor tiles
My son has a problem with his kitchen floor tiles. A white deposit keeps re-appearing on one part of the floor as in the image below Any ideas as to the problem or cure? Mike
3
3

Ceiling light fault
Number 1 daughter had a problem with the ceiling light in her bathroom a few months ago. It wouldn't come on. Had a look & the wiring was a right dog's breakfast. Remade all the connections using the...
16
16

refitting banisters - newel post and spindles etc.
Well, I was going to be sorting out the fireplace, but I have been reminded of priorities. We are expecting our first child in october, and the stairs have no banister. Apparently the health visitor /...
3
3

Water supply problem
Our water supply comes from the public supply, via a tank a few tens of metres up the hill. Possibly this arrangement is because the supply pipe is a few miles long and relatively small. The house is...
13
13

Guttering fixing for concrete garage
The snow from a few weeks ago has bent the brackets which attach the guttering supports to the concrete panel garage - here is a photo of one in a dropbox folder My googling hasn't found the right...
9
9

Bosch dishwasher problem
Hi All I've got a 13 year old Bosch SGS6612 and it has developed a fault. For the duration of any program, it repeatedly lets water in, then starts the pump. This repeats every 4s or so. Inside I can...

Skirting - straight or bent?
Just about to put the skirting on for my current job. The wall is (as ever) far from straight and bellies into about a 15mm dip in the centre of a 2m run, so there's a choice: either follow the wall...
12
12