Subject Author Posted Replies

Glass Fibre roof curl.
Last summer I asked here about a 20 x 4 foot glass fibre roof on my son's house. Well, we went ahead and did it, laying OSB board and then getting one layer of glass and resin on as the rains came....
4
4

Outlet from a boiler PRV
I'm planning the plumbing side of a new boiler install (Gassafe man will be doing the gas side) It is a standard W-B boiler 24Ri I have an external expansion vessel fitted with a PRV I'm not sure on...
12
12

Wet, wet, wet
I have given up on trying to get the tractor mower to collect the clippings, it has just been far too wet the past couple of years - the cuttings just stick in the collection duct and build up until...
22
22

TOT: one for you scientists
Add no extra water and just boil the water in the peas.
109
109

Bare pine
Been making some shelves out of 'whitewood' pine. I originally intended to whitewash them (so the grain still shows), but the whitish-yellow of the pine is growing on me. Since these are shelves - not...
23
23

OT windas 7 OEM discs...
Its fair to say that MS have a very restrictive definition of what they consider "not genuine"... so even genuine product produced by them but for sale in a different market area that that which you...
41
41

Grey wood.. can it be restored to its original colour?
Hi, I have a BTL house. I fitted a new hardwood front door and frame about 3 years ago. I painted it with clear yacht varnish. it has been painted twice again since then. I only started letting it out...
13
13

bent handrail
Just had a look at the Richard Burbidge 3600mm handrail from An obvious bend upwards about 2/3 of the way along (i.e. a dip in the rail), max bend end to end up to 20mm. Obviously crap, although I...
25
25

Parcel
A has sent off for something for the both of us! It will arrive someday addressed to DP at our address.
10
10

Phone wiring (Virgin)
I need to re-route my phone cabling. Currently it goes to a box outside that was BT but now has a cable from Virgin coming into it. It appears that two cores from the Virgin cable are used (sort of...
12
12

OT. Anyone using HMRC PAYE software (bit of a rant).
Good afternoon folks. I'm self employed and employ a couple of chaps. I operate a PAYE scheme. In the past this was done manually using books and various sheets of paper, not computer based. All...
11
11

Deck mixer recommendations
At mother's house, kitchen deck mixer is leaking. Cannot undo brass screw that holds tap turner in place - suspect it was graunched when originally installed and/or hard water caking is stopping it...
6
6

Formula 1 on 19.2E
I'm fed up with spending hours avoiding hearing or seeing the results of F1 qualifying or races that the BBC are not showing live. And I'm even more fed up when my attempts fail! To avoid this I'm...
12
12

Rust on clothes coming from Hotpoint washing machine?
Relatives live in a hard water area and have had a Hotpoint WDD960 washing machine for just over a year. They are now getting small yellow spots that show up on light coloured clothes that they are...
6
6

Replacing roof shingles?
I have a lean-to kitchen roof, presently covered with felt underlay and felt shingles, approx 22 sq m. This is now failing and I plan to replace it with similar and I am looking for advice on the best...
1
1