Subject Author Posted Replies

Incoming Water Main
I am having an extension which will require the incoming water main (Blue Plastic) to be re-routed into the new bit. Are there any rules about how the pipe should enter the property?
2
2

What to use as packer?
Hammer flat a scrap of copper pipe - that will make about 2mm, fold once for 4 ;-)
9
9

Hedge trimmers - recommendations
Another vote for Viking (now Stihl). I bought mine 7 years ago, and was amazed by how smooth it is in use. I then bought a petrol one for remote use, but found that vibrated too much, and didnt get...
5
5

insulating chimney breast
So, the room with the fireplace that we have decided to keep for the time b eing, is to be redecorated. We took all the paper off, and now it was obvio us some of the plaster needs redoing. It's on an...
1
1

PTFE tape OK for Aga oil burner?
In order to clear the burner carbon from me oil aga and lacking a 12" long drill, I disconnected the pipe where it actually feeds the burner. assembly. Its a sort of straight brake pipe type thing and...
4
4

When you can see the BFCC
BFCC = bloody foreign call centre. This is an actual event told to me by my brother about a year or so ago. At the time was was working on a floating oil exploration ship in the Bay of Bengal about a...
38
38

Wicks
Had an email from them saying 25% off selected items this weekend - ends Monday. Included real wood flooring so thought I'd take a look. Been adverts on TV too. All the wood flooring had price...
10
10

Wickes search facility.
Just typed in 'tool storage'. Amongst the results were; Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley! I won't be keeping my...
5
5

GREAT BUSINESS OF "BIOMASS" ON FARMING AND FORESTRY
Regards, Many existing biomass in agriculture and forestry has no marketable. If the business do then a lot of damage and exploitation leads to environmental d egradation. Trend Current developed...
3
3

A quick Q on garden shredders
What's a rough comparison of the amount of space taken up by branches, twigs etc before/after shredding? For example, if I fill my car boot up with branches and other cuttings, how much boot space...
11
11

Ladder safety
I tend to pile up some spare paving slabs behind the feet of the ladder. I've got one of those, but it's not proved as useful as I hoped. I have the situation shown in the pic on ebay where it needs...
4
4

Replacement of finish for external doorframe -
I have a west facing front door. Both frame and door are made of elm. The door paintwork has not suffered from the sun, but the side of the frame facing south has lost all its paint - it all went in...
3
3

CH Controller Battery
Mother's CH is controlled by a Potterton EP2000. For some time she has been complaining about the boiler locking out, etc. (and it does, and I know what to do to get that resolved). Today I had a...
9
9

CPC Makita deal.
Looks pretty good with free postage. But Ni-Cads? Hope they haven't been lying in a store for years.
6
6

[OT] Oh god it's started
9 yr old daughter yabbering to friend (I'm busy working at home, school holiday has started for them) Just noticed SipGate VOIP (our default number) auto-crediting £10 (I get an email). £14 in calls...
19
19