Subject Author Posted Replies

alluminiam soakers used for flashing on roof of boilerhouse to wall of extension to house.
Help please. I got a new roof fitted to the extension of my house two yea rs ago. The roof is slanted from the roof of the main house which is a hip roof. on the side of the extension wall is a...
3
3

Bizarre issue with Eico smoke detectors
Very good point. I can therefore surmise that my assumption was based on an assumption, and an incorrect one at that. Apologies for the noise. Mathew
6
6

Going rate for changing a gas hob
What would be a fair rate for a gas safe fitter for changing a gas hob (assuming an average number of embuggerances)? Assume that the customer is supplying his/her own hob. Tim
25
25

uk.d-i-y is going....
... only 24 unread posts this morning (overnight), a new low point :-(
34
34

OT: WiFi interference
Not DIY but I'm hoping to tap into the electronics expertise here. In our home cinema setup there's an active sub-woofer that's picking up interference (a constant burbling noise) from a WiFi router...
32
32

Wiki: Rekey a lever lock
feedback welcome... NT There are 3 ways to rekey a lever lock: *file levers *swap lever positions *replace levers *and arguably a fourth, altering the shape of the side of the lock ===Swap lever...
11
11

Connecting a rainwater diverter to a butt
Having recently done this I found,after a lot of rain that the butt fills too high. This means buying a new length of pipe to lower the diverter. To make sure I got it right this time I thought I...
14
14

OT: Anyone in the Rotherham area? In need of a huge favour...
... in particular the Rawmarsh area. Needing to urgently get in touch with someone in the area, and the phone/mobile/email that I have for them don't seem to work. Was wondering if someone lives...
3
3

fuel feed pipe for garden blower/vac
Now's the time to sort out the blower for the leaves and (possibly) winter snow ... and I find that the fuel feed pipe has somehow become detached and is lying in the bottom of the fuel tank. Feed...
2
2

How interesting...
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start. One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as...
25
25

how to copy a victorian ceiling mounding
Can anyone advise me please? I want to soundproof an alcove in our victorian terraced house; next door have removed a chimney breast and installed a piano against the party wall. For sound proofing...
20
20

Improve design of portable bidet, how?
I bought one of these in July while suffering from extended bouts of the trots with Norovirus: Or: It is actually a brilliant little device for when your botty is red raw from frequent visits to the...
39
39

How can a wrongly addressed email get delivered?
My correct email address ends yet I received one last week which ended in
6
6

OT Why Hydrogen Cylinders in Church Tower?
I visited a small village church last weekend and saw some hydrogen cylinde rs in the church at the bottom of the bell tower - any ideas what they coul d be for? They were definitely hydrogen, about 6...
33
33

Telephone points - secondary or master
What would happen if you fitted master sockets instead of secondary sockets after the BT master socket?
8
8