Earth cable path TT

I finally got around to buying 10 mm Earth cable to connect earth electrode to cu. The easiest path for me to do this is, up the wall from the electrode, across the loft space and down to the cu. Is this path a bad idea? Will I have constructed a fine lightening conductor? (going around the house near the ground has so many obstacles)
On 16/05/2014 10:08, dave wrote:

10mm - that's going to be a bit short don't you think? ;-)
Actually, even if that is diameter, its a slightly unusual size for a TT earth:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=TT_Earthing#Connecting_to_your_earth

The route should be fine...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Fri, 16 May 2014 10:49:34 +0100, John Rumm

ho ho. Years ago I saw an ad in the free paper advertising an RSJ 100m x 20m x 10m I bet it was buyer collects :-)

I was looking to get some of this:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171203644958?varG0322625242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Ah ok - looks like 4mm will be ok - and a lot cheaper too.

tvm