3 wire ceiling light into a 2 wire

My ceiling light has 3 wires but the new and old fitting had 2.

I broke one off thats how I know all 3 need wired into the fitting so does the earth go with blue brown?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ginchy

My ceiling light has 3 wires but the new and old fitting had 2.

I broke one off thats how I know all 3 need wired into the fitting so does the earth go with blue brown?

Thanks.

Solved it.

Reply to
Ginchy

How?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Trial and error.. Bang, or light on all the time? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Screwed all the wires together and stuffed them in the fitting Mr Bean style?

Reply to
Gazz