Subject Author Posted Replies

Faulty crosstrainer (Ping: Gymratz?)
We have a crosstrainer at home (Bremshey Orbit) which has developed a fault. It has a computer which automatically varies the resistance to the user's input using feedback from various sensors,...
1
1

I need a bigger hole
Just got a new washing machine and found out (the hard way) that the pump is rather faster than the on the old machine. The current waste is 32mm (yes, I know!) that has been OK for 30 years or so and...
10
10

IP cam & port forwarding
I've got a cheap IP camara from China and been trying to set it up over the last few days. The home network is a 192.168.1.n with the cam set at n= 99 and using port1533 Camera works OK and I can see...
13
13

Good old polystyrene tiles!
Polystyrene ceiling tiles: I used to love 'em! You could stick them up easily, instantly hide a disastrous ceiling plaster job, they'd look really neat, and you could paint them white (emulsion only...
20
20

Asbestos panels on doors
A friend of mine has bought a flat on the top floor of a large Victorian ho use. All the doors are original, but have been covered on one side with what tur ns out to be asbestos, to make them into...
36
36

OTish - Woodcarving
Very talented guy: Wood Sculptures by New York Sculptor Randall Rosenthal
11
11

Boots electric toothbrush
The rechargeable battery in my Boots toothbrush is dying. I think the brush is about 2 years old. I'd like to change the battery, but I don't see how to get it out. If anyone has met and solved this...
15
15

LEDs vs Flouros
I use Philips 33W warm white flouros which each give 2250 lumens. Thinking to replace them with leds, I looked at what Philips are offering. Their nearest match is a 20w warm white LED which gives...
36
36

OT Haribo
I was sent this link:- Read the reviews pages 1 & 2. Amazon.com : Albanese Confecetionery Sugar Free Assorted Fruit Gummi Bears, 5 Pound Bag : Gummy Candy : Grocery & Gourmet Food Amazon.com :...
1
1

UPVC skirting
Hi all, Is there such a thing as upvc skirting boards and if so, who sells them? I'd like to go over to zero maintenance solutions to interior embellishments if at all possible and have always found...
6
6

OT More amazing pix.
2013 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest - The Atlantic
5
5

Servowarm Elite 50 boiler - lost water pressure
My daughter has just moved into a house with an old Servowarm Elite 50 boil er. Ater attempting to bleed a radiator which was almost empty we seem to h ave lost all water pressure in the central...
6
6

IP Camera recommendations?
I need to get another camera to monitor the other side of the front of the house. The camera probably has to be on the first floor, and looking out of a window (it's hard to attach one in the right...
41
41

Forwarding bank cards in the post.
I recently forwarded a couple of bank cards in the post. Neither card has arrived. It is fairly obvious what is the these envelopes so I did wonder if the banks/royal mail have a policy of not...
21
21

How long to leave new concrete before self levelling?
We have a sloping uneven floor, I've levelled it up as best poss with concrete but would like to finish it off with self levelling compound. I've had a read on concrete drying times and unsure how...
4
4