Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Not a good name for a solicitor
It took me 8 weeks to spot that one. Google Maps
33
33

sewage package treatment systems query...
Do the klargester type systems need a running watercourse to discharge into? If so does it have to run 365 days a year? Easiest one is seasonal & dries up in spring til Autumn... Is that likely ok? Or...
9
9

flat roofing technique name?
I've never seen it before. Large dark olive green sheet like a pool liner, draped all over the roof , in one go, then some liquid from a bucket paint rollered over. I don't know if other layers go...
15
15

Replacing wheelbarrow wheel
I'm fed up getting punctures in the pneumatic tyre, so am looking for a solid one to fit. The wheel is 14" diameter and fits between two flanges, where it is held in place with 2 bolts that fit into...
10
10

Conservatory Roof Blinds
SWMBO is getting a new conservatory, My original bamboo roofblinds are no longer good recommendations or useful advice, tips, gotchas etc., to share would be a help
4
4

OT: Windows 8.1
I thought I'd ask here as a dedicated Win8 newsgroup produced no answers, possibly because I come across as more Victor Meldrewish every day. One scenario that I'm trying to get to grips with is my...
25
25

taps repair and who makes the swirl brand?
Hello, I have a basin lever mixer tap with pop-up waste. There was a piece of mesh in the outlet (spout?) which has fallen out and this has resulted in water spraying and splashing a little as it...
1
1

Toughen up on 'incompetent' electricians, say MPs
Tougher rules are needed to ensure electricians have enough training to work on people's houses without putting them in danger, MPs warn.
31
31

Running lighting cables inside insulated roof/ceiling
I am currently performing the mental planning of a single-storey kitchen ex tension which will have a pitched roof and ceiling. With reference to the f ollowing graphic showing Celotex insulation...
17
17

Beaching an old ferry for dismantling
I've always wondered how they do that. M/F Ostend Spirit - Selim San - Beeching / Aliaga 13.11.2013 tarihinde Gemi'nin Aliaga Türkiye'de karaya vurdurma operasyonu.. ( Sn. Selim San tarafından...
20
20

How green was my shed
I hope the yokels appreciate it. Reminds me of Screwfix on Hill, Blurton, Stoke on Trent. Weather and climate news - Met Office
2
2

Oddity with fluorescent tube.
About a month ago I replaced an ageing double 6ft fitting with new. Fitted to a ceiling about 3.5m from ground. It is one of a bank of 4 similar fittings. Today noticed that one tube was not lighting....
3
3

Flushing Central Heating
A friend is having trouble getting his downstairs radiators hot. (Upstairs it balanced down to a minimum) A plmber has replaced the pump to no avail. Today he did a power flush but he connected to a...
7
7

Something is ticking...
On the radio.. FM and AM but not all the time. Its every few seconds. I have wandered around with a portable and unplugged everything like chargers etc, and I have no boiler or gass appliences, as it...
20
20

Suspended ceiling rules and regs
Are there any specific rules/regulations/guidelines for hanging stuff from suspended ceilings? Illuminaires, ceiling speakers, fire sensors all just mount on the tiles or clip into the latticework but...
5
5