Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for clamps for rectangular pipe/section
I'm looking for some clamps to hold things on to some square steel box section. I need two sizes, 60x60mm and 60x20mm. I can't find any UK supplier with anything like this. There are a number of...
12
12

EV (cars and bikes) and EVSE (chargers)
Hi, Has anyone got a good link to what happens when you plug your EV into an AC EVSE? E.g. what the proximity and control pilot signals need to do. In order to get the EVSE to output its 240Vac, is...
4
4

New starter was not bad today
We made a "bit of dust" but when he cleaned up he was so vigorously moving the vacuum attachment it was blurred on the photo. don't see many new starters with such enthusiasm and work effort these...
22
22

Stone Slates slip
A couple of stone slates on my roof have slipped. I'm guessing expansion and contraction from the recent weather may have had something to do with it. They were both near a roof window so I have just...
22
22

Bent/Bowed garden shears
Trying to fix my neighbour's non-cutting shears and they appear bowed, ie when closed there is daylight in the middle. Trying to cut anything just results in the twig trapped between the blades. How...
12
12

Sharpening rotary shaver cutters
OK. So I just fitted my second set of replacement shaver cutter heads! £28.74 Amazon! Mindful of the various contributors advocating sharpening (plate glass/metal polish) I wondered how much...
16
16

Portable air conditioner with stored settings.
Does anyone know of a portable domestic (from price POV) air conditioning unit which will start operating when the mains is applied/restored? Preferably with remembered rather then default temperature...
20
20

Hozelock AC1 hose timer - service/repair?
I've just dug out a long unused Hozelock AC1 automatic watering timer. The internal valve actuator seems to work, making the expected noise, but the valve only partially closes. I can't see service...
8
8

Symbol against a group of messages in Forte Agent
A little symbol has appeared against one of my threads in Forte Agent. It's a little circle with a diagonal line through it, like a no-entry sign. It's in the 'status' column, and I can't find out...
4
4

Battery Tester
I've got a few 12V lead acid batteries knocking about and I'm not sure of their condition. They measure over 12V but I'm not sure I could rely on them (variously, old, pulled from something while...
8
8

Heavy Duty Descaler
I remember asking this when I moved into my last house and I have the same issue again, the lower part of the toilet bowl is heavily scaled so hard to clean. There's loads of miracle cleaners...
24
24

CR2032 died during the heatwave
Odd that, the last one died during a hot spell too. It was the original the came with the 2011 mobo upgrade and lasted 7 years. The replacement Duracell one lasted 4 years. It measures 2.59 V and the...
1
1

Brand new engineering bricks to sell
Hi , I have 600 class A engineering bricks on the pallet to sell.

Kill-file
Is there an efficient way to get rid of these numpties who have taken to posting on the group? The problem with 'author' is that the author may change. Do they all come from one service that can be...
25
25

Tree fellers
I hired a firm to remove a fallen tree in my garden, and, just as in all the jokes, there are 3 men in the team. :)