Gone quiet again

Either that or my newsfeed is mucking about. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <ukupqu$1muug$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Not sure my current activities would be of any interest:-)

Major tree surgery to our overhanging garden hedge. Planted on the neighbours side of the chain link boundary and gradually allowed to spread by employed gardeners. Three farm trailer loads carted so far!

The other project is an upgrade to the inbuilt Sat Nav system for my aging VW Passat. For reasons connected to exhaust *cheat technology* I am reluctant to take it to a VW agent. I have purchased what is claimed to be an upgrade card from an independent supplier and am now trepidating over conflicting comment/advice found on line:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I expect they are all proceeding with their projects they have been writing about this week.

Reply to
jon

Apparently the major Usenet providers are blocking posts from Google Groups due to high spam levels.

It might be that some Google Groups users posts aren’t propagating. Eternal September and News Individual Net have instituted this ‘kill’ policy to great effect.

Reply to
Spike

Neither of those providers are blocking all googlegroups posts, they are only filtering the spam posts.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I’m not sure that is universally true, on one group I take the NIN filter is (at a 90+% level) removing the most prolific poster as well as the spam. As his posts are mostly off-topic, this is has proved to be a great benefit.

Reply to
Spike

Well, here at least, posts from Animal (aka TabbyPurr) and John Walliker still arrive on NIN ... there may be other G2 users here?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Does that mean the end of 16-year-old homeownershub posts? If only...

Reply to
Davey

You never know your luck…

Reply to
Spike

Unfortunately, I don't see Brian's posts any more. IIRC, he uses gmail and I have blocked all gmail posts to stop the spam coming from there.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

FFS time get TomTom GO for your mobile. I have an inbuilt satnav in my car and I have never ever used it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know that I regularly download about 60-100 posts a day that are killed by my own killfile

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who are they? I must have killfiled them years ago.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are they still posting? In my killfile..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The various "banter" posts come from NewsgroupDirect, not googlegroups, both killed here, with some whitelisting of the latter

Reply to
Andy Burns

blocking on from: contains @gmail.com is the wrong way to go about it, you'll be killing several regulars who don't use googlegroups

instead block on message-id: contains @googlegroups.com

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. I tried 'posting host' but that didn't work for some reason

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe you can post on google as any e-mail address, so I tried from an outlook.com account to the thread "a cry for help".... ... I wonder if it appears...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

yes, you showed up in c.o.vms ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, chainlink fences. I wonder what one can do with a tree that has incorporated the fence into some of its limbs. I've never seen this before, its obviously somehow grown around the wire incorporating it. So when you want to replace the fence, it will leave a bit of wire in the tree. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff