Subject Author Posted Replies

Shared downpipe and ownership of sewer
We live in semi-detached house with an inspection chamber for the rainwater sewer at the end of the garden with two inputs and one output. The two inputs are fed by underground pipes from the rear of...
9
9

where to buy electric fire coals and LED effect
Hi I want to update a rather naff electric fire which I got with the flat. I need some red/orange glass (or plastic) 'chunks' for use as coals. All I can find online are imitation pebbles or black...
3
3

OT - Coming to a petrol pump near you - E10
Although not particularly new I had heard nothing about this E10 petrol until this weekend. There is a reasonably up to date (Feb 2014) article here Looks like yet another increase in motoring (and...
12
12

Central Heating Control Question
I've just had to replace the room thermostat on MIL's CH system, and have installed a Honeywell CM927 programmable wireless stat. The old stat had live, switched live, neutral and earth connections,...
16
16

Garage door seal
I'm going to install a seal at the bottom of the up-and-over garage door. Well, not really a *seal*, just something to keep the leaves out. Looking around there seem to be brush types and rubber blade...
5
5

Supplier of Tenby double switched sockets?
I need to match some existing Tenby double sockets but can't find a supplier - any suggestions?
6
6

Foot pump maintenance (car tyres)
We have an old banger for running around in, and I need to use my foot pump more than I'd like on its rather old and rusty wheels. Lately my pump *seems* (could be wrong) to have become less...
20
20

using salt when seasoning a wok?
Does it achieve anything to use salt when seasoning a wok, or is it just messing about? And do you still have to burn oil afterwards? Sources differ, Thanks for any advice Harry
3
3

stainless splash back
Kitchen job. Any experiences on stainless cooker splash backs? Particularly keeping clean. I see Screwfix do a modestly priced one on MDF. My real problem is that the cooker (electric) needs to stand...
3
3

eBay scam
So what do you think you would be buying ? Everything says Glass Screen Back, But in small print , under colour, it says screen protector only. WTF Sign in or Register | eBay Sign in or Register |...
6
6

[OT] ZFS on linux
Well, thanks to Andrew G and others who mentioned ZFS in the SATA disks thread. I've been playing with it and - wow, it is impressive. Installing on Debian is a breeze. It seems perfectly happy on...
33
33

Cheap IR Thermometer on Ebay
Someone in mentioned an Ebay seller who is selling IDC insertion tools for 99p - a hell of a lot cheaper than the Screwfix, etc. I happened to notice that the same seller has got IR thermometers for...

OT: Sorting and arrows
Ever noticed that in a list of files, emails, etc, that the arrow points towards the lowest end?! That's illogical. Opera used to do it the right way round, and M$ the wrong way, now Opera has been...
2
2

Sticking down roofing felt
I have a small (just a couple of square feet) piece of thinnish roofing felt to fix to the lid of an outdoor container. I don't want to use nails and I'm reluctant to buy a large tin of the proper...
2
2

Fix Fence Post to Wall
I've got a 100mm square timber fence post close to a neighbour's garden wall that's broken just under the soil. Rather than dismantle the fence to replace the post I was thinking of just screwing...
11
11