A simple Win7 question.

The question is simple but I'm b*****ed if I can find the answer.
The time/date on my laptop (right hand bottom corner) has decided to add the day. It used to be:-
13.05 20/12/2014
now:-
13.05 Saturday 20/12/2014
Which has made the icon bar go to double height. I've not altered anything - and can't find out how to get rid of the day - which even at my age usually know what it is.
My other three computers running Win7 omit the day. And I've not altered anything on the laptop deliberately - it was ok up until last week.
--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I think it's the other way around ... you've made the task bar taller, so the clock has noticed it now has space to put the day in.
If the taskbar is locked, then right click it and untick lock (but if it was locked you probably wouldn't manage to make it taller by accident) then grab the top border of the task bar and drag it lower.

Possibly:
Change date and time:Change calendar Settings: If short date is dddd/MM/yyyy it will display day as well. no idea how it might have changed though!
Peter
But there is that thing that unhides hidden things as well, and since I clicked that once, I too have the day now. Not particularly worried about it, but I did notice, and the system has its taskbars locked, but i suspect they unlock momentarily when you unhide things to see if anything important needs to be moved to the visible bit. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" < snipped-for-privacy@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote in message

You can dray the Icon bar up and down..
Try setting the time to Internet time and use,
"uk.pool.ntp.org"
--
Tony Sayer

In one, thanks.

I've no idea how I managed to pull it to double height. ;-)
--
*In "Casablanca", Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam" *

People do the strangest things at this time of the year, not all of them as easily rectified

By adding another thing to the taskbar so it wont fit in the single height anymore.

Right click on it and select "properties", It tells you how to change the size.
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

A misplaced mouse click. Perhaps your mind was on other things?
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 62nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3180
"The four most overrated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex

Its in the settings. Click on that display, change date and time settings, Change date and time, Change calendar settings, it’s the long date, delete the dddd entry.

Think most would have noticed if it happened after doing that. I would.
--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *