Subject Author Posted Replies

BT, again
Phone busted again. Three times in 19 days. And yet the 4 day wait starts *again*. Total Care doesn't start until the 23rd. Never in my life have I had to do business with an organisation as shit as...
36
36

ply suspended ceiling ......
I want to tidy the cellar ceiling area. Currently flaky old whitewash etc painted joists, covered in ch pipes, wiring etc etc. So I need to suspend the ceiling by 5 inches and have it removable /...
2
2

OT Driving licences
I recently looked at a renewed driving licence. It appears to show that a car driver can now drive a motorcycle with no test. Is this correct? The person concerned cannot ride a bicycle!
69
69

Exploding Pavements
There was an item on the Jeremy Vine show on R2 last week about people who'd been injured by exploding pavements! I never got to hear the segment in the end and have been wondering ever since what on...
19
19

Hardwood predrilling
I need some info for a quick simple general guide for beginners. The questi on is what hole size to predrill hardwoods before nailing. If at all possib le it needs to be a single size for all hardwood...
2
2

Support for camera in window
I'm looking for a neat way to support a camera in a window about 6 inches above the windowsill. The windows are large single-paned casement windows. I'd like it if the camera could be moved from one...
9
9

Heavy Duty Metal Cutting
Greetings all, I just had a thought before I commence this power hacksaw project: would I be better off getting a chop saw instead? I am going to be doing a fair bit of cutting up RSJs and box section...
19
19

Manual for Aldi 650watt generator
I am looking fo r a manual for a Aldi 650 watt generator to get part numbers for return spring on choke and petrol turn on off buttoning is a power craft portable serial no 041537k 2004
1
1

Vax Rapide XL: cleaning the cleaner
Our Vax Rapide XL has accumulated a lot of soggy fluff in the narrow channels of the transparent plastic assembly that transports the used water from the carpet surface to the dirty water tank. I've...
11
11

Whilst on the subject of Plumbing
In my friends house all taps leave behind a green/blue residue overnight if one of the kids or a visitor fails to turn the taps off completely. (The taps "will" turn off properly but have...
4
4

Marquee power Feedback - and more questions
Hi All, As some of my regular readers will remember, I was I/C of Electrics and PA at our church weekend camp recently and a bit concerned about only having 45A main breaker (Turned out i'd remembered...
16
16

Painting rough render
Time to paint our recently-rendered external walls. Trouble is the render is pretty rough and we are having difficulty getting the first coat to cover, even with those raggy rollers. You have to...
14
14

Paging a real plumber
Do British plumbers use silver solder (copper silver phosphor alloy)for joining copper pipe in the uk or are they stuck with the old fashioned methods . May be joints are not soldered as much in the...
166
166

Sharpening garden shears with an angle grinder?
I recently saw a couple of youtube videos showing variations on sharpening garden shears with the type of thin disk used on angle grinders. The first video mainly shows how to build a metal jig for...
20
20

Wireless sensors for wired house alarm
Hi all, I have a wired house alarm that i fitted some years back. A while back I added a wireless panic button for SWMBO. This has a single h and held button pad and a powered receiver next to the...
4
4