Subject Author Posted Replies

Lifting floorboards
And another of my projects is going to involve lifting some hundred-plus-year-old floorboards. They aren't in the best of condition - there's been woodworm at some time - and they're fixed down with...
14
14

Cleaning windows - the frames that is
We've got cast iron lattice windows on the front of our house. For those of you that haven't met them - they look a bit like leaded lights, except the diamond shaped bits are cast iron instead of...
9
9

Jigsaws
Personally I prefer the barrel handle type. It seems to give more control.
14
14

Insulated blind for bathroom window?
Good evening all, I admit to being a little lazy here. Have had a quick google but can't find what I am looking for. No doubt someone here will have encountered a similar problem. Our ground floor...
6
6

Mounting flat screen TV on wall and discreet cabling
X-post I'm re-mounting the 42" Panasonic plasma on the wall above the fireplace. All the important cable entries are to the back of the TV and so a right sod to get at when the TV is on the wall...
33
33

Need new battery for Dyson DC16
There seem to be lots of non-original ones out there at about £20. Can an yone recommend a particular seller?

Workshop task lighting
Although my workshop is not badly lit (couple of 8' tubes, and a pair of 5' ones in a 12'x17' space) - it still has dark corners or places where you end up working in your own shadow. Any good...
28
28

Compressor dehumidifier
Who makes a decent, small, portable one? I have a desiccant type (original purpose conservatory and shed, alternately so needs to cope with cold, hence the choice). It's been under trial drying...
4
4

Pump on concord wrs not working
Hi hope some can help pump on boiler has gone it is buzzing can I turn it off at wall. As don't want it to do damage to boiler of heating system. Thanks
3
3

Bendy (kerfed?) MDF skirting - any recommendation?
Floor is down and the skirting comes next. We have a bay window that is curved, so we need bendy skirting. The last lot was constructed (not by me) in several parts, with vertical wood strips, ply...
19
19

Nissan Tino wipers solved (Thank uou!!)
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with my Nisan Tino wiper problem. I followed Lee's advice and bridged pins 3 & 5 of the relay. The wipers then worked! (Thaks a million, Lee!) So I guess...
9
9

Anyone here part of SpeedWatch?
As per subject!
105
105

Virgin media transferring some of its customers to Talk Talk
I've just had a message, apparently genuine, from Virgin Media, telling me that it's going to transfer its non-cable broadband and phone services to Talk Talk. I am not pleased, to put it mildly,...
27
27

Video Clip 'Looped' (repeating itself ) on to monitor screen
After having downloaded a video from youtube using firefox on Windows 7, is there a way to very simply replay a clip of from the video (that repeats itself in a loop) onto a monitor screen? Preferably...
7
7

Oil boiler problem - tripping out when windy
I've now realised that every time recently that it is windy, the oil CH boiler has a tendency to trip out with an apparant overheat problem. This has been going on for about 8 weeks (maybe more, I...
15
15