Joining wires

When I come to permanently install my extractor fan and LED panels (2). They are a temp set up at the moment as I will be re tiling and a new plasterboard ceiling.

I have used a couple of reusable wago connectors but would prefer (I think) to use some other method I was thinking block connectors or butt crimping, what would be best, or some other. The connections will be in a choc box.

Another question With the wago connectors it is the one with 4 levers, that is 4 cables of the same polarity in the connector, which is for without double checking as I done this 2 weeks ago (and failing memory) live in and 3 lives out for 2 LEDs and an extractor fan.

If I use a block connector would I say use say a double block and on one side the live in and twist the 3 x outs together on the other side? Is this shoddy or what is the best/safest way to do this.

Reply to
ss

Wago's are supposed to be maintenance free, which is more than your typical chock block can claim. Crimps would also be fine though.

You mean these :

Why not carry on with those?

Reply to
John Rumm

Just something about them I dont like, after the wire is inserted I tug and pull at it and it seems solid but I still feel something not right. Maybe because I cant really see what is going on once inserted, with a block I can see more and screw down tight, maybe psychological, I dunno.

Reply to
ss

The two important requirements are that the joint is gas tight, and that it does not slacken with creepage. Being spring loaded the wagos will probably do that better than a screw that applies a static pressure that will fall as the metal deforms.

Reply to
John Rumm