Subject Author Posted Replies

generator to power elec concrete mixer....
If I wanted to remotely power my ekec concrete mixer (850w), what size/capacity genny would I be best off with? TIA Jim K
16
16

Where to buy quality tools.
I'm sick and tired of cheap an crappy tools. In future, when I need something new, I want to buy something decent that will last. I had some CK bought for me by my Grandfather when I was a teenager,...
14
14

Speaker compatibility with AV systems?
I have a 7.1 surround sound AV receiver, which was actually sold as a 5.1 system (ie speakers included; with the option of adding another pair of rear speakers). I already happen to have a pair of...
18
18

TV advert
Warning There is an often repeated advert on TV at the moment informing SHMBOs how easy it is to fit toilets into unsuitable rooms. The purveyor of this useful information is Saniflo.
7
7

[OT] Dental crowns
Definitely not a DIY - but my "temporary" filling patching up a part broken molar has just started failing. Not bad for 2 years, the dentist expected it would fail sooner... I guess it's time to get...
69
69

OT: Green marks on shower Reloaded
We have a Gainsborough shower about 6.5 years old. Not electric. Plastic "chrome" pole to which the tube and shower head are attached. I've recently noticed green deposits on the pole and shower head....
1
1

Wickes refit
Local Wickes has had a complete refit and opened today. Nice & clean & bright, seems to have more space, some new products. They now have a 'Pay & Collect' section which is a bit like a...
3
3

Electrostatic dust collectors
Do they work? I hate dust, and dusting.
11
11

Taxing
Do the inland revenue ever answer the phone? 39 minutes listening to crap music, read all uk.d-i-y post from past 3 days, fed up now! Mike
9
9

Help with a leak.
This is my sons newly bought house, after moving in and removing a fitted wardroble he discovered a damp patch on the wall. The other side of the wall is a shower room. It needs to be sorted but cant...
5
5

Philips food processor question.
I have a Philips HR7754 food processor. Recently, it just wouldn't switch on; there was no noise or smoke or anything, it's just dead. Needless to say, Philips said they don't repair this model any...
5
5

Office chair mat-will it work on (soft) carpet?
One of the upstairs bedrooms is used as an office. It also serves as a spare bedroom and has a carpet and a good quality underlay. Not familiar with the terminology, but the carpet is of the...
10
10

Hilka 7-drawer tool trolley -- any good?
What brands would you recommend? Clarke, Hilka, Sealey or any other? Dirty Pro Tools [sic] on Amazon do quite a large one in a range of colours for under £100. Some reviewers are saying the metal on...
7
7

What type of switch do I need?
I will shortly be starting to install the old fashioned foil strip alarm for some porch windows, it will work off a 9 volt battery. So basically the foil stays live until the circuit is broken....
18
18

OT: ATTN: Rod Speed - water/snow gauge?
WTF is this gauge doing in the outback? 1.4 metres of water? Snow? http://petersphotos.com/temp/measure.jpg