Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: New Employer's Pension Scheme
Hi all, I wonder what the feeling is here about the fact that every business no matter how small that employs someone - just one person even- now has to set up a pension scheme. What will be the...
71
71

Totally OT Macbeth
Does anyone know somewhere showing a traditional production of Macbeth? Google has failed me on this one.
18
18

Electric spraygun recommendation
Hi guys, I need some sort of spraygun for repainting the casing of several items of largish electrical equipment I've refurbed the internals of. Can anyone suggest a suitable make/model for this...
6
6

OT - udders and bulls
Having a clear away and tidy up at the moment. This prompted me to consider some of the useless stuff noted in passing: (1) Tesco bio-degradable carrier bags. Just found yet another one crumbling to...
2
2

Installing second set of lights from first set?
I'm installing a second set of celiling lights using a spur off the original set. Is there a way of installing a dimmer switch to control only one set of lights? I've been told that there is but I...
6
6

Optimum boiler water temperature.
I have an oldy worldy Camray oil fired boiler, early 1990s vintage, to heat the house. It's been dead reliable so far for three years and probably not much inside it to ever go wrong compared to these...
6
6

Site that may be of interest to some.
I've been looking for some 12mm self adhesive lead strip for a little job. Came across I have absolutely no association with the company. Had a rootle round the site and found loads of stuff of...
10
10

Fumes from my neighbours Cooking
I have an on going problem when my neighbours are cooking. They use the extractor fan above their cooker and I recently asked them where their vent was situated. Each time they cook we get the smell...
18
18

PTFE Tape fans (Gripe alert)
Just got frustrated responding to someone on another forum who asked for advice to fix the leaks of water from the ends of her new shower hose. The solutions in my opinion was to fit some new washers...
14
14

Paging ARW - generators bla bla
Howdy. Geezer over on the bike group says that I should ask you. I want to connect a genny to my house. Got the isolating switch in, but the genny has no neutral. I don't want to fry the gubbins in...
70
70

Ikea "Metod" wall cabinets - any good?
These could work rather well in som eof the bedrooms and maybe hall for high level storage. I like the rail mounting idea too - means I can neatly sidestep the wiring runs. Anyone put these up and are...
4
4

Fire door damper
You know the soft close cabinet buttons? Is there a heavy duty version that can be set in the frame or the back of a door. I have a door with an inbuilt firedoor closer (required) but it doesn't half...
23
23

plaster pealing when painting
new plaster starts pealing when I paint
9
9

Aldi 'dremel' £13 Sunday
Looks very good value. 135w, variable speed, 2 collect sizes. NT
14
14

Aldi pry bar set. Recommended!
4 Piece Pry Bar Set 4 pk£8.99 They look like bent screwdrivers, but are amazzingly capable. Doors, windows and floorboards... easy peezy [sp?]. My son has stripped out pretty much his whole house...