Applying Exterior Sealant in Damp Conditions

Ideally I would have done this back in the summer to fix a localised damp issue but it escaped my attention at the time. Is there any problem with applying a decent quality exterior sealant between rendered brickwork and a UPVC door frame at this time of the year when it's not possible (given frequent rainfall) to dry the walls out properly first?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There's "Geocel - The Works" which sticks and seals quite happily on wet surfaces, it will even cure under water.

See:-

cl

I cannot vouch for it's abilities in the wet, but I've had some on the joints in a hardwood window frame (south facing) for 2 years now and it is still perfect, even though it goes from concave to convex as the wood moves through the seasons. Brilliant stuff.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Remarkable. Seems like it also might be suitable for gluing ridge tiles in place on sloping corners!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Without reading the blurb I'm guessing it's a "moisture curing" type product, where a *small* amount of water actually helps.

Reply to
stuart noble

I don't think it is with this product but I might be wrong - not in the way PU glue does (and that is remarkable - misting a bit of wood until wet before glueing and the speed at which the 5 minute PU glue reacts to that!

Reply to
Tim Watts