Subject Author Posted Replies

Otish Pesticides
After 26 November 2015, even old gits won't be able to buy concentrated pesticides/herbicides. Eg Roundup. Might be the time now to stock up. Beat the rush nearer the date. Bloody EUSSR again I...
8
8

Tracing a pong (or: are AAV's reliable?)
Every now and again there's a "drains" smell in the shower room that we haven't been able to track down. The room has an AAV on a secondary stack that's fed by a loo, shower, bidet and basin. All the...
3
3

Foul drain - which way to route it
We have a foul drain that is routed past the existing conservatory, about a foot out, I would say. The conservatory is due to be replaced by a rather larger one, so we (and the architect) were looking...
3
3

Concrete building blocks
I need a base for some large log stores. One solution is to place them on 440x220x100 concrete building blocks. This could be achieved fairly quickly, and allows for straightforward relocation at a...
11
11

How to make a ladder feeder survive the wind?
I had better explain what a ladder feeder is first... This ought to be in but it has been full of trolls for years and I will likely get more sensible suggestions here.... Its an antenna feeder cable,...
30
30

Expanding bolts into concrete...
This type... I've been whaling away on the pin, and it's just not going fully in. They're big buggers - the hole is 19mm - and, yes, it's the right size drill bit for the fasteners, which came with a...
27
27

[OT] Hatton Garden arrests
According to Inspector Knacker, 7 white males, aged between 48 and 75 have been arrested. Wow - the "Geriatric Gang" strikes again... I'd like to think I could knock off a serious vault when I was 75,...
51
51

New trailer cover.
I have a typical, small (5'x3') galvanized steel trailer, bought 2nd hand a few years ago, it's cover (was pretty new at that point) needs replacing. It tore at one of the corners a couple of years...
3
3

uPVC plumbing oddity
I notice you can get external AAVs in white, grey, and black (from FloPlast). You can get 110mm uPVC soil piping in white, grey, and black. But you can't get the cast-iron to uPVC adapter in white -...
11
11

Quick one: tiling on to tiles
If I want to tile on to tiles in a bathroom, without removing the old tiles (which are good, and flat) can I simply use ordinary tiling cement? Thanks John
8
8

Bosch boilers £266 new from Italy?
Am I missing something wrong with this one? The only question marks I can see so far are: theyre in Italy, so fairly immune from British reach Its badged Junkers, they're calling it Bosch NT
3
3

New boiler £108
While shopping for a new boiler, I kept seeing these things... What's the deal with them? I'm guessing they take in room air, so not room sealed, lack any exhaust gas sensing or control, and have poor...
4
4

OT - the evolving English language
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4pJAgWIUAEZb7p.jpg
5
5

Removing DRM from BBC Radio downloads ?
I download occasional BBC Radio programmes for listening to in the car. These auto delete after 30 days due to DRM Is there a simple way of removing the DRM or re-saving the audio file as MP3 without...
17
17

Liquid wood?
Hi All, We have a wooden swing/ slide framework in the garden which is made from ro und timber. Over time the timber has started to split (which is apparently normal and structurally ok)and the...
8
8