OT: What part of this don't you understand?

From

"Upon arrival

At this car park we use barcode recognition technology. When you arrive at the entry barrier, please scan your barcode and we'll issue you a ticket."

Wondering if the barcode off a tin of Heinz tomato soup would do, I rang the help-line, and it turns out that "Barcode recognition technology" is what NCP call ANPR. That's what he said.

Reply to
Graham.

He's probably confuzzled....

From that site's T&Cs

"Barcode means a barcode allowing quick response (QR) code recognition of your Booking;

"Booking means your booking for parking and related services at a Car Park made....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Twits. However putting bar codes on instead of numbers might kill the trade in personalised plates. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Might be a bit difficult for, say, a pedestrian to identify a car too? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)