Subject Author Posted Replies

Pipe Thermometers - Recommendations
In an attempt to set up my condensing boiler [WB Greenstar 24Si] to run at optimum flow temp, I'm looking for any recommendations for pipe thermometers. I have an LED point and shoot thermometer but...
30
30

Circular chip in Double Glazed window
A round chip about a one Cm in diameter on the outside pane in a first floor window has penetrated the external pane. Leaving a hole of about one millimeter right through the glass. Is there any glass...
22
22

High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing
At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of demand and Solar is at 0.38%. OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total from Wind and Solar. All...
4
4

Please help me get my fountain working again
My porch has a fountain in it! It looks a bit like this: Brian, that's a fountain where a trickle of water comes out of a lion's mouth into a little trough. It originally simply had a mains water feed...
20
20

RICS Home Survey
We're buying a bungalow and had our offer of £300k accepted. The bungalow and the surrounding properties were built in 1987, which makes it 35 years old and the people who own it have never skimped...
23
23

OT: RAC, cynical? Me?
Last year I was wondering when my RAC cover was due to renew. I had bother logging in, forgot about and it renewed shortly after. Yesterday my spider senses must have been tingling because I wondered...
12
12

the new smart tv
Not so smart it is the only telly where you have to push 01 on the remote for channel one...load of piss
6
6

"MOES Home" smart thermostat oddities.
Possibly connected to an "app" update. Woke up this morning to a cold house. My Smart thermostat was offline. After an hour of faffing, I finally re-paired it to the app (It's a Zigbee wireless...
5
5

Strange USB PSU issue and a merry dance
USB wallwart, supplied power to a RPi, which subsequently fed USB power to my weather stations display. RPi logs data and provides a web site. Display had batteries, for independence when not on USB...
7
7

DIY mains power consumption meter
Since it was mentioned in another thread, and I had the spare parts to hand, I built one. The project is here: DIY Real time mains power meter - DIYWiki DIY Real time mains power meter - DIYWiki
36
36

Blowing air into dusty laptop keyboard or hoovering it?
My laptop keyboard is dusty AF. I have a powerful hair dryer but I have no hoover. What could possibly happen if I blow [cold of course] air into my keyboard vs sucking it out with a hoover?
13
13

Colin Furze Dream Workshop
's mad. Worth following THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. For BIG Projects like the Tie Fighter i have use of a barn, this is the tour and how i made it. To get your Limited Edition Bundle box...
3
3

OT: Dubai lamps
I watched Big Clive's video last night on the Philips Dubai lamp: If this lamp is as good as claimed, it seems odd that it is only sold in Dubai. I wonder if this is for legal reasons (agreement with...
18
18

Plusnet support Is Bob Holden still in here?
I take back what I have said in the past. Been on the phone for over an hour trying to get them to follow up on a problem I reported earlier in the week. I can send sms text messages on my landline...
6
6

So much for getting a pro in
You have to wonder sometimes! Son wanted Dad's taxi to take him back to uni the other day. When we got there I commented that it was a bit chilly in the house. He said, yes the heating was not working...
10
10