Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Ressetting an IPod mini
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters o ld iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. B efore I go down to my local take away and see if...
8
8

OT How to remove these type of heater hose fittings off VW caddy
I'm trying to get the hoses of a VW Caddy Van so i can flush the heater matrix. The spring clips on the hoses themselves are tricky to get off but there are plastic fittings which join the hose to the...
2
2

Unistrut
Is there a good UK Unistrut stockist? The ones I've found don't have much of a range. And is there a smaller similar system available? Unistrut will do the job, but is a bit over the top (and hence...

Uneven concrete base help
Hello there. Looking for some advice ref an uneven concrete base. I am replacing an existing shed with a log cabin garage. Chrcking the levels shows they are not level enough for the cabin(the approx...
5
5

Varnishing bare wood Windsor-like chair
I have a large bare-wood Windsor chair, made (rather well) in a local carpenter's workshop. I'd like to varnish it or treat it with a similar wood finish. Any recommendations? I don't want to go to a...
6
6

Gutters Fascias and Soffits.
Hi, I had a quote from a company I have used for most of my house for fitting new facias soffits and gutters ( capped over existing) for £4000.I was a bit shocked to be honest. Am I unreasonable to...
34
34

Cooker hood chimney
I have just removed the cooker hood. The chimney is just a U channel some 3 sides at 6 inches or so. Shouldn't there be an insert that slides the height into the ceiling, or at least a plate to circle...
3
3

Energy supplier wants to fit Smart Meters - good?
Ovo energy supplier wants to fit Smart Meters but just like to ask if there are any snags/watchit warning etc etc before agreeing (seems I have a choice - which is nice). At the 'mo we jsut have the...
31
31

"Kneeling" cupboards for wheelchair users.
SWMBO is pretty much full time in the wheelchair now, so some changes are needed to make life easy. There is a problem in that a lot of adaptations then make life shitty for the able bodied - low...
23
23

Hackney Freecycle: Pistorius single phase / compressed air double mitre saw in Shoreditch
Just in case this is of interest to someone here with inclination and space: "Used for picture framing for about twenty years and still working fine but now we have closed down. Located on first floor...

Corn type LED lamps
Would I be correct in suggesting that corn type LED lamps are best suited to situations where the light required is at right angles to the axis of the light please? As in a outside lantern type of...
8
8

Extended warranty frustration
I know what has failed and I can fix it for less than a beer token, but "because it's insured" I'm not allowed to touch it :( Have just had an engineer diagnose a "control panel" failure on a 4yr old...
6
6

Rafter dimensions
I wish to span 3.0m or thereabouts with galvanised corrugated sheeting. (Sh eet size 3.0m x 0.6m) Three purlins, one top and bottom and one mid span. P itch of about 5 degrees. What size rafter would...
8
8

universal camera battery charger
Find quality and best Universal Chargers in Nigeria and also universal cam era battery charger of all mobile marks that are accessible for you on feda nng, best case scenario costs. You require...
5
5

Wood pellets
Have to fix about 150 screws into treated softwood ......using screw & pellet fixing. Instead of making the pellets .... decided to buy them. Found a supplier but as I had used pressure treated...
1
1