Zinc Effect

I bought some steel brackets from Screwfix yesterday described as zinc effect. What on earth is zinc effect?
Kevin
On Fri, 16 May 2014 08:03:11 +0100, Kevin wrote:

Bad silver paint?
Zinc passivation look alike, but probably not a plated finish at all, just looks like it. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Kevin" < snipped-for-privacy@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

A bit like 'brass effect' but silver. Some years ago I was after some brass screws, but the work experience yoof who the local B&Q were using to restock the shelves didn't know the difference between brass and brass effect, and they were all mixed up. I had to use a magnet to find which were real brass.
--

Chris

On 16/05/2014 08:03, Kevin wrote:

Usually painted/sprayed with galvanised or silverish paint to make it look like zinc.
If it were me I'd redo them with proper galvanised or rust inhibitor paint.

Proper zinc coating isn't paint.
--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.