Zinc Effect

I bought some steel brackets from Screwfix yesterday described as zinc effect. What on earth is zinc effect?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Bad silver paint?

Reply to
Adrian

Zinc passivation look alike, but probably not a plated finish at all, just looks like it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A bit like 'brass effect' but silver. Some years ago I was after some brass screws, but the work experience yoof who the local B&Q were using to restock the shelves didn't know the difference between brass and brass effect, and they were all mixed up. I had to use a magnet to find which were real brass.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Usually painted/sprayed with galvanised or silverish paint to make it look like zinc.

If it were me I'd redo them with proper galvanised or rust inhibitor paint.

Reply to
Bob H

Proper zinc coating isn't paint.

Reply to