Your rights

What must you do first before you *log* the fact of a communication?

That's correct - you must first *intercept* it!

And during that 'interception' the communication *will* be read (if it's been 'flagged' by a keyword etc) - and if it is of interest to the interceptor - a copy will be kept in its entirety and placed on file for evidence etc - if it's not of interest, only the 'headers' will be kept and stored.

So, providing that the assignation is not undermining national security, then be assured, it will remain 'hidden' from your other half and the evidence (headers only) will deleted after about a year (at the moment) - so you can breath a sigh of relief.

Never mind, it must be terrifying living with the threat of the 'other half' finding out you've been up to naughties! -;)

ROTFL

Unbeliever

Reply to
Cash

Oh, I was going to erect one that was indistinguishable from a real one...

Reply to
Huge

According rumours circulated a few years ago it gets overloaded everytime there is a bunch of people who say "kill the president" on the phone. Writing it in an email or usenet message doesn't help either :)

Reply to
Mike

The message from Huge contains these words:

They're only stick on letters, numbers, symbols and borders :-)

Reply to
Appin

The message from PeterC contains these words:

If it's indistinguishable from the official version and it appears quietly one dark night it's likely to be a very considerable time before bureaucracy tumbles to the fact that it hasn't been placed there by "some other department." We have a wonderful bus layby here, complete with bus stop sign. It's been there so long that the (plastic-covered) steel post supporting the bus-stop sign rusted so badly the sign fell down. It was promptly replaced. The only problem is that the buses have, since the bus service started in approximately

1920, gone round the village in an anti-clockwise direction which means that no buses ever use the layby which is on the wrong side of the road. Officialdom, as we all know, is full of bumbling iditots with little (if any) local knowledge.
Reply to
Appin

If you attach your replica to existing legal street furniture and are careful to avoid obstructing sight lines etc. you might avoid litigation.

An existing wall or fence might do.

Highways may require you to remove it but only if they know who was responsible.

Our by-way already had an *unsuitable for motors* sign. With the on-set of navigator technology, it gained an unofficial cul-de-sac sign.

Also, in order to widen a domestic drive, I once quietly moved a street name sign by a few metres. 40 years on, it is still there:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Especially given that (i) there appear to be about 5 or 6 different "departments" involved and (ii) it's been over 3 years since the correspondence started, so they're not exactly speedy.

The problem is apparently that the road we live on is called Wibble Road at one end and Quux Lane at the other, and no-one seems to know where they change over. My wife's suggestion was to signpost the road "Wibble Road leading to Quux Lane" at one end and "Quux Lane leading to Wibble Road" at the other, and not worry about where the changeover is, but this brilliant solution seems to be beyond the comprehension of local Government.

Reply to
Huge

I too live on a road which changes name, apparently arbitrarily, halfway along it. Causes no end of confusion as people simply do not expect it. Also, house numbering suffers a sudden dislocation.

Reply to
Rod