Yet more on electrical work and regs.

Hi All,

My apologies for starting a whole new thread, but google has apparently decided to refuse to allow me to reply to anyone on the existing thread ("More on electrical work and regs.").

We're working on our flat in Edinburgh (so Scottish rules apply) - structural work for which we have a BW from Edinburgh BCO. I've also done some electrical work: replacing 3 ceiling lights with 10 recessed CFL spots and associated wiring, changing a bathroom extractor fan and installing a humidistat to control it. One idea was to add this electrical work to the current warrant.

I'm not certain whether the work is notifiable and the advice we've had from the BCO has been contradictory. What is the worst case scenario if I decide that the work is not notifiable (I could easily come to that conclusion based on at least one of the phone calls to BCO) and I'm wrong?

Cheers - Adam...

Reply to
Adam-the-Kiwi

It's their way of hinting to you to use a REAL usenet client instead ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

If added to the current warrant, then AIUI it requires certifying as it would be classed as part of notifiable work.

On its own, I don't think it is.

Because you have the BW anyway, it's almost irrelevant whether the work is of itself notifiable. What is relevant is whether the BCO will allow you to self-certify the electrical work as part of notifiable work or whether you will have to get a sparkie in to certify.

If it's not counted as part of the notifiable (structural) work you don't need to do anything.

AIUI.

There's quite a lot on the SELECT website about the Scottish regs. It's all changed recently who can sign off what.

Rip open some plasterwork so a sparkie can see what you've done?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

At least he apologised for starting a new thread, unlike some on here, are you listening Fred?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

The message from Dave Stanton contains these words:

I don't think he's aware he's doing it.

Reply to
Guy King