Yellowing Paint

A while ago dulux sold white gloss that yellowed if not exposed to sunlight. Turns out there are 4 tins of this in stock, opening one shows it has yellowed a bit in the can. If they're used outdoors will they re-white? Or are they for the tip.

Reply to
Animal

Have you stirred the paint well? Often the solid/pigment will settle to the bottom of the can and can take a lot to get them to remix.

Reply to
alan_m

I have some *white* emulsion which is pink when you paint it on but turns white when it dries it also turns yellow when it ages!

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

+1

Stir it well - very well - then paint a small test patch where it will get the sun and see what happens. But also remember that we're heading into Winter and the strength of sunshine is diminishing, so don't make a judgement until well into next year.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Never heard of that one, most paints yellow after exposure to light. The paint sometimes seperates if left, leaving a brown liquid on top, but yellowing in the can? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Take it into a Dulux outlet and ask them to put it in the shaker for you. A couple of minutes should do.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I see no-one knows. I think I can manage to mix paint!

Reply to
Animal

It was the reformulation that Dulux had to do in order to comply with VOC2010 Brian.

It was quite well documented at the time.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Used some where it's out of the way & will see what happens.

Reply to
Animal