Year planner.

People used to give me a desk top diary so I never acquired one for the PC.

Anyone care to recommend something that will work in Firefox and be happy on W7 pro 32 bit?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We use Google calendar.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Lamb snipped-for-privacy@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> posted

I don't know what you mean by "work in Firefox", but

works very well in Windows 7.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

I pointed a couple of friends onto this:

And both have said they couldn't live (or run their businesses) without it and have used it daily for *years*.

Not sure it would suit you but it's local and pretty straightforward (and free).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It is very good. I had a couple of queries about it and he answered straight away - sorted. You need to dig for some of the options but it's worthwhile.

Reply to
PeterC

I have the rather nice Organizer on this RISC OS machine (it looks like a Filofax for us oldies) and it was certainly ported over to Windows, so should be OK even on earlier versions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

An Archimedes or a more recent platform?

Reply to
Fredxx

I just use Google Calendar. Synchs into Thunderbird, but not completely reliably Thunderbird exporting to Google Calendar.

Not on the same Google account as Googlenewsgroups, obviously.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I'm running Organizer* on my ARM X6 - I keep a copy on my ARM Book (Pinebook) as a reserve.

  • v 2.29 (16 Feb 2020)
Reply to
charles

+1.

I also use Keep as a little scratchpad for notes, if I think of something when I am awake in the middle of the night I can jot it down using the tablet and it is "there" on the desktop when I get into my office.

Can also be used as a shopping list, travel planner, etc. No fancy frills, it's just an electronic notepad.

Reply to
newshound

Hear hear. I use Keep for multiple shopping and other lists. E.g.: Aldi, Sainsburys, local shops, CPC, RS, ... I have it on tablet (in living room mainly), phone, and in my office.

(CPC and RS because I think of little things that aren't worth ordering on thewir own, even if RS don't seem to operate a minimum order for me).

Reply to
Bob Eager

There is already a diary / calendar built into firefox.

There is also an addon for this :

Which will sync it with a google calendar, and that in turn can be linked to a phone or other calendar app if you want.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm trying to keep Google at arms length.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com, Algernon Goss-Custard snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com writes

Right. I had assumed it would work through a browser. Ta.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

I never had a filofax! Industry decided it didn't require my services in the '80's when they became popular.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

OK. I'll try the uk.rebs.. and see how I get on.

My current wall calendar has day spaces about 10mm x 40mm!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Free is good. I'll give it a try.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You do realise you are replying to Mr Lamb don't you? ;-)

He's basically looking for a direct a replacement to his paper diary as possible and (the chances are) won't be sure why he included the mention of Firefox in the question. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Because he wants to use it in Firefox, if that's ok with you.

Reply to
Richard

If you trust Google with your data and information, I don't. It costs real money to provide these "free" services. Where does that money come from? From selling your information that's where from.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice