Year planner.

I'm not quite sure when Organizer arrived. This is an RPC, so nothing like the latest machine. But then for something like a diary, you don't need some incredibly fast gaming machine. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ah! I saw something briefly after the last upgrade but it has gone into hiding!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Indeed.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Look at the top right of the window just under the close gadget - do you see a couple of icons there?

Reply to
John Rumm

I use an addon to thunderbird - lightning.

Pretty crap but good enough to tell me when appointments and MOTS are due

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But look in thunderbird, not in firefox ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

"Right. I had assumed it would work through a browser. Ta."

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oh yes! How long has that been there? I now have 2 with the uk.rebs one!

Took me a while to find the icon. Tucked away on the task bar in the hidden icons bit.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

years one way o another ... it started off as either a separate application (sunbird) or an add-in (lightning) then the add-in came bundled with thunderbird, now it's not an add-in but a part of thunderbird itself.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Doh, yup sorry my bad!

In ff you can visit calendar.google.com if you have synched the TB calendar to a goolge one.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

I have been using Kalendar since T i m recommended it here a couple of years ago. Truly wonderful. Everything from a daily reminder to take the tablets (!), to various annual insurance and club renewals, monthly meter readings, which colour bin to put out and so much more. Simple, free and just works.

Reply to
Graeme

Yeah, it always made me smile when working on either of my mates 'Company' PC's and Kalendar would pop up with a reminder for them and when thy open the full app, seeing how 'busy' it was!

Both often stated how they 'couldn't manage without it' and I don't think I had to answer a single technical question from either of them re it's use (always a good sign of the intuitivity of something).

Whilst having the ability to sync / share things like that over the interwebs is important / useful to some, to others it's simply an added complication and risk.

Plus I believe in using the right tool for the job, hence why I use Thunderbird for my Emails, Firefox for my web browsing and Forte Agent for Usenet. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Something you can at best do in gesture only these days. They are so tightly knitted into to so many tech services these days, that you won't be able to avoid them even if you try. Same goes for Amazon or MS.

Reply to
John Rumm

To be fair there are plenty that do...

However there is some login in having contacts and calendars synched with your email client(s) as well as phones etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sadly! I have just disappointed Amazon by turning down their fabulous Prime offer. The replacement tap heads are fitted and working well. Stripping the old ones didn't teach me much but there was a fair bit of limescale from the previous owners.

Duck duck go is standing in for searches at the moment.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Somebody kindly pointed me to the one in Thunderbird so I am looking at both to see which suits best.

I have desk diaries recording daily activities back to 1983 but current needs are more expected deliveries, rolling list of outstanding jobs, dental appointments etc.

Reply to
Tim Lamb