WTB: UK Pendant > Euro lampshade adapter

UK lampshade mounting hole is: 1 1/8"

Euro lampshade mounting hole is: 40mm

Anyone aware of a commercially available adapter?

David

Reply to
Vortex

Me thinks me has spotted a "Troll" guys. Nee Noh, Nee Noh, Nee Noh !!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

In article , Vortex writes

Do you have Ikea nearby?, all their shades are Euro and they sell a pair of adapter plates for about a quid.

(Ignore the buffoon)

Reply to
fred

Cheers Fred,

I was in an IKEA the other day but could not find any such item. [Thanks for confirming they exist though] The whole experience was too stressful for words so unless I can find a web-merchant who flogs them I'll make one.

David

Reply to
Vortex

I'm pretty certain Ikea do them.

Although they might be a specific Ikea non-standard :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Surely the lamp holder and shade don't need an additional adaptor? And here was me thinking you were having a laugh mate. Can't you just squeeze the rim of the shades' frame closer together? Or cut a slot in it and fold it over a bit to close it up more?

What the hell has the world come to, when you need big washers on the lamp holders to hold a new shade in place. Geesoh !!!

Reply to
BigWallop

The Hell-Hole of Sweden (for we write in the time of the January Sales, boys and girls) does indeed sell what it calls "lightshade adaptor rings" for 40p a pop, if my aging memory serves.

That's 40p, plus travelling time to your nearest IKEA (mine: 4 miles; one of our resident Dave's: 80m, IIRC); 20 minutes to fight your way into the car park, 10 to fight your way to the lighting section, 30 quid for the ever-so-cheap cutlery-doormats-storage-bins-low-energy-bulbs-teapot-glasses and other things you and anyone with you can't resist, 30 minutes queuing up to pay, another half hour to fight your way out of the car park.

Unless, of course, you end up with as entertaining an IKEA experience as one of mine earlier this autumn, which ends up with the fine boys of the Avon And Somerset attending to restore order. Ahh, happy memories.

So, you'll find your local Ordinary Hardware Shop, or electrical trade counter, will sell them. They may charge you, ooh, 1.50 for a card-mounted set of 3 (the cheapie accessory brand Ring packages them this way, i think). So if your sanity's worth anything to you, buy 'em there, not at IKEA.

This has been a public service announcement from Citizens For A Cod-Swedish-Name-Free January Sales Season.

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

LOL !!!

You're all mad I tell yee. MAD !!!!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

Was this fire, police, ambulance, coatguard or all four? In IKEA, anything could be possible.

That guy Ingvar Kamprad has a lot to answer for. Mind you, it's made him surprisingly wealthy, so he can't have got it completely wrong.

^ | | Torsk.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You can make an adapter from a bit of copper wire - just twist the legs until the ring is snug on the bulb holder, then crank them down.

| _|_ / \ | | | | /\_____/\ / \

X X ___X___ / \ | | | | |_________| /|-------\-| ___| | |_ | | |_________|

Reply to
Rob Morley

Just the poe-lease. Seems the frustration level in Customer Services conjoined with a lack of upbringing on some cust-oh-mer's part. "The customer is always right, until they start swinging punches."

Oh, since you ask - no coats were harmed in the making of this commercial.

And "anything is possible" is a current (or just-finished, thank Dijkstra) slogan of my employer's marketing department. You can imagine just how well that one went down with us labbies ;-)

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Yes I can indeed :-)

Goes along with "small matter of software" and other such things.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Email me your address and I'll post you a couple of the Ikea ones - I know I've a couple spare.

Reply to
Andy Dingley