WTB: Narrow Skylight?

Hi Folks, I'm toying with the idea of fitting a small skylight into the sloping ceiling in the cupboards at either gable end of the upstairs of our house. Screwfix sells one of these, but at 450mm width it is an inch or two wider than the gap between the existing rafters. I don't want to entertain cutting the rafters; I just want some additional natural light in these places.

Anyone got knowledge of what to do in these circumstances? One of those solar-dome things (which may look ugly) or does a company somewhere manufacture narrower skylights than the ones that Screwfix have?

Any info welcomed; thanks in advance.

Mungo

Reply to
mungoh

Try Howells Glazing - they gid a good job for me.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I think there is - I saw a company called the Conservation Rooflight Company or something like that at a recent show and they had something about 350mm wide. I noticed it because we had the same problem and gave up so I haven't got round to following it up.

Reply to
Mike

If you use this company - you have to be VERY rich.

Reply to
Rick