Skylight 450mm x 550mm

Are windows like the The Screwfix Skylight 450mm x 550mm meant to fit between the rafters, or on top of them? I ask because my rafters are at 16 inch centres, and dont want to start cutting into the roof structuire.

TIA

ZD

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

They have got a scan of the fitting manual you can download you know...

Reply to
John Rumm

I had to cut a rafter, and pack one side by 4 inches to fit a B&Q skylight. I'm told they're related companies. You wouldn't want to have a window with a rafter running down the centre of it, I think.

Reply to
tonyjeffs

The light is 2" or 50mm to wide. You will have to cut a rafter out and fit a trimmer top and bottom plus another rafter to suit the size of the frame.

Reply to
keith_765