Skylight for flat roof access

I am having trouble finding a skylight to meet the following specifications:

  1. Fit existing (external dimension) curb of ~35" x 50"

  1. Work on (existing) minimal pitched curb (roof is flat, curb is pitched at ~15-20degrees)

  2. Allow (infrequent) access to roof (our roof is 30+ feet high and it is a PITA to use a ladder so I would like to be able to access it via the skylight).

  1. Ideally, it would also be nice to be able to open it more regularly (even if partially) for ventillation but this is not an absolute

  2. Be compatible and flashable with rubber roof (current curb is flashed in EPDM on top of our flat rubber roof)

  1. Ideally, insulated glass, though I would accept polycarbonate/acrylic if no options. Could even be a "hatch" type model as long as it was transparent.

Velux sells only one residential "egress" model (GPL) and it comes in only a couple of sizes none of which are close to what I need. They also seem to sell a polycarbonate commercial model (CVA) but it too comes in only limited sizes.

Other vendors like Fakro sell similar models but again only in a few sizes.

So, any suggestions on vendors that might have a wider range of sizes and models?

Are there any reasonably priced and reliable custom shops who specialize in this? I saw a company called Newenglandskylights.com (which is actualy only a few miles from me) but they seem to be truly high end custom, creating historical-type looks out of copper.

I have also seen several companies advertising "hatches" but they all seem to be aluminum or steel while I need something transparent to let light in the space (plus they all seem to look pretty ugly).

Any ideas?

Reply to
blueman