Wording for pipe puzzle

On the attached image I am trying to decipher the very blurred word, It refers to a flue pipe on an aga/rayburn type range cooker. I though possibly minimum or maximum bit neither quite fits as it appears to have an extra letter, other guess is minimums which would take account of all the letters.

Anyone with experience of pipes that would know what wording makes sense.

weel...

Can't read it either, but it's saying you need a 9" square parged flue or a 6" liner at least. The actual flue from the stove (?) will be 6" single wall vitreous glazed steel.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I can decipher all but that one word so it is a bit of a guess for me as I have no experience of pipework so could be guessing wrongly.

Reply to
weel...

I would say 'MINIMUM' with the bottom of the 'U' missing. IOW, the 6" ID is a minimum, you could use larger.

FWIW, I'm not a pipe expert and I have never knowingly parged my flue.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Pargeting is the lining of a flue with mortar.

I think the rest is self-explanatory.

Reply to
Fredxx

I reckon I will just go with minimum, the more I look at it it is either minimum or minimums so shouldnt make much difference...its a document I am doing for someone.

Reply to
weel...

I agree. Looks like minimum to me.

A parged flue is one that has been pargeted. All flues now tend to be stainless twin wall so it would be a little outdated.

Reply to
Fredxx

Minimal I would guess.

Reply to
John Rumm

Diagrams 3a and 3bn of this document are clearer, and use essentially the same wording (though 8" rather than 6" for the flue)

Andy Burns

Thanks andy will go with mimimum.

Reply to
weel...