Wooden Floor Trimming

I have a solid wooden floor (about 15mm deep) which in places hasn't go

an expansion gap left between it and the wall. I want to run a phon cable along the wall under the skirting board and in the expansion ga (to hide the cable).

What's the best way of doing this (the skirting is off) - I'll like t cut a gap of about 5mm or so) - I need to get something that will cu close to the wall. One way is to use chisels but that would be slow. jig-saw blade might work but it would need to be rotated at 90 degrees a rotary saw blade for a drill would do; you can get rotary blades fo dremels but they don't cut deep enough

-- stockdam

Reply to
stockdam

Why do want to make the gap in the flooring? a chisle and hammer will cut a sufficiant gap for cable in the plaster.

If you're putting an extension for telephone in I suggest you use four core cable as them extension cables that you can buy cause nothing but trouble most of the time.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ok so that's a different approach - thanks. I guess it would b slightly easier to track the plaster than to cut the wood - but th floor really should have an expansion joint - if it expands then it ma start to warp/crack

-- stockdam

Reply to
stockdam