WM/TD in bathroom?

With ref. to chapter 601 of the regs, does the panel think my reading is right that so long as the entire appliance can be contained within zone

3, it is attached using some means other than a plug and socket (i.e. a SFU) and so long as the circuit feeding it is 30mA RCD protected, that it would be permissible to install a washing machine in a bathroom?

It is a particularly large bathroom... or will be once the wall between it and the utility room is removed :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

It might be better to use a combined wm/td, then you'd have a WMD in the bathroom.

Electrics can indeed be installed in bathrooms, you may be required to equipotential bond it, depending on zoning. I dont remember enough to be as specific as you want here.

If you use a TD youre dumping the water vapour from both showers and washloads into the room. If instead you use a dehumidifier and clothes rail, you'll be dumping no water at all, its much more energy efficient, less run cost, less space taken up, and you can dry as many clothes as you want at once. And you wont need to throw your heating outside with a fan, so more money and energy savings.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

[...]

Just as well he has a large bathroom .Thats three apliances already...lol

Reply to
Stuart