can't figure out how to cut 40mm plastic pipe

i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe.

i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ?

whats the right way.

Reply to
andysideas

Hacksaw, or lever-action secateurs.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

| snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: |> i brought this tool from toolstation for cutting plastic pipe. |> |> i ca't fit the 40mm pipe in the cutter. am i using it wrong ? |> |> whats the right way. | |Hacksaw, or lever-action secateurs.

Then a file to get rid of the rough bits, and emery paper/cloth if you really need it smooth.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I guess that would depend on which tool it was you bought, eh? How about a hint?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Or old wood saw.

Or run a blade of a penknife around it inside and out taking off the rough edges - quicker and easier IME than a file.

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

If you mean this one:

then you need to fully close it first.

Reply to