Wiring diagram for 2 wall switches (not close together), controlling 2 separate lights ?

There's a passageway with a light switch and a ceiling light at one end. I'd like to install a 2nd ceiling light some distance from the first, and also switch at the other end of the passage from the existing switch, so that either switch can turn the two lights on and off.
Can anyone provide a link to a wiring diagram for such an arrangement? I would search, but I don't know the correct terminology for such a switching/lighting arrangement... If anyone can clarify, that would also help.
Thank you,
Ax
Axel G wrote:

It's called "two-way switching". There's plenty of info in the archives of this newsgroup on how to do it.
Here's one link: http://www.diynot.com/pages/el/el031.php
David

after isolating from mains supply
one method is to replace the existing switch with a one gang 2 way switch connect the incoming live to pin 1 and the feed to the lamp to pin 2 connect 3 core and earth one core to each of the 3 pins of this switch and at the new switch which will also be a one gang 2 way connect the same core to the same pin
This gives 2 way operation of the existing light without disturbing the existing wiring nor does it matter how the original wiring was done as depending on the age of the house there were different configurations
Further lights can be added from the existing ceiling rose by connecting twin cable to the 2 terminals to which the lamp is currently connected and routing to the new ceiling rose
All should be appropriately earthed
others more knowledgeable may have different ideas
Tony
TMC wrote:

This description is sport on, but uses a different way of describing the connections that to that which you will find marked on most two way switches. So clarify a bit - two way switches have terminals usually marked L1, L2, and COM. The two wires on the current switch would now connect to L1 and L2. So once you have added the three core and earth to run to the other switch, the L1 and L2 terminals will each have two wires in each connector at the original switch location.
--
Cheers,

John.

Here's the circuit for the two-way switch - and includes an intermediate switch for three or more.
L1 L1 0===========0 0===========0============= Line | \ / | C 0================================O C \ / \ / 0===========0 0===========0============= Switch return L2 Optional L2 Intermediate
The second ceiling light is merely wired in parallel with the first.
--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Whatever you do, don't look on leftpondian sites for this information. What are really two-way switches they call three-way (simply because they have three terminals!).
--
Frank Erskine

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:40:53 +0100, Frank Erskine

Thanks for that tip! Yes, I was contemplating looking at US sites for the info!
Thanks a million to the other respondees to my question. Very helpful indeed!
Ax