Wireless IP camera as baby monitor?

Might get one for the babys room, but then I've also thought about one for the front and back of the house, with motion detection, recording to my hard drive etc. Not worried about sound as I will be using a proper baby-monitor for that.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jon

Yes,I recommend you shouldn't transmit video signals to the internet whilst its monitoring the baby.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've used Axis 205 and 206 wired IP cameras, and found them to be very reliable with good picture quality, so the Axis 207W is probably worth looking at. Shame about the price though. As an example, the righthand column of pictures at

is taken using a modified Axis 205.

Reply to
Simon

Why would it upload to the internet when it's connected on the local LAN?

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

snipped-for-privacy@h.co.uk declared for all the world to hear...

It will principally be for my LAN only, but I would like the option to specify a password to be viewable form the internet.

Reply to
Jon

The biggest risk, if the signal gets out, is the invasion of social workers...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I use a Linksys WVC54G.

Not great in low light, but available on line pretty cheaply. Picture is more than adequate to baby position etc, and has (scratchy) sound. Email me directly for screen shots in different lighting, if you like.

It also has built in motion detection and can email a short video to (I think) 3 email addresses.

M.

Reply to
m__murray

I have a couple of Panasonic blc10 cameras for security. They aren't cheap though.

broadbandbuyer.co.uk has a selection of cameras if you want to look.

Reply to
dennis

The message from "Hellraiser" contains these words:

You'd be amazed at how badly some people can configure things!

Reply to
Guy King

They'd really have to screw it up to do that! But then, without the halfwits I'd have no wireless broadband to piggy-back on when mine goes down :)

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser