Wireless doorbell recommendation...

Looking for a wireless doorbell type device, to be used as a remote security call button. Ringer powered by batteries or plugs into mains socket, no wires. Wireless between transmitter/receiver for ease of installation, able to work through one wall at a distance of approximately 15-20 feet. Must have a ringing or buzzing sound that cuts out when the button is released, no annoying chimes that go on for ages. Loud enough so it can be heard over disco music by someone standing 2-3 feet away from the bell/buzzer.

Can anyone recommend a specific product that can be purchased in shops, not off the Internet. Cost is not really an issue, as I'm not paying for it out of my own pocket, so not looking for cheap and nasty, but obviously the person paying for it isn't going to pay silly prices.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

B&Q one is fine. But do get the one that plugs into mains as the batteries flatten too regularly.

Reply to
Mike

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:30:13 GMT, "Marcus Fox" strung together this:

Friedland do a wireless adaptor that will connect to an existing buzzer\bell and will enable the bell push to be wireless. I think most, if not all, wireless doorbell kits come with ding dongs.

Reply to
Lurch

Couple of pitfalls here. One would be the neighbours. If they too have one, your client's could go off at inconvienient times. Happened to me just this W/E. Secondly, "to be heard over disco music"? You may have to wire the reciever to some semtex, or at least a flashing light of some sort.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:49:08 +0000, Andrew Chesters strung together this:

Change the channel then.

Friedland do a receiver with flashing lights built in.

Reply to
Lurch