Windows 10: warning: if you previously hid KB305583 it will have reappeared

If you previously hid KB305583 in WIndows Update to prevent M$ foisting their "Get Windows 10" (GWX.exe) adware/nagware/crapware on you, it will have reappeared in the last couple of days because it has now been "updated".

The more cynical among us will probably recognise this for what it is - a sneaky attempt by M$ to foist their unwanted crapware on us.

Just a warning in case this catches out the unwary.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Oh, I see, well, after that for some possibly unconnected reason, my mobile

3g dongle on the machine seems to be unreachable as far as an internet connection is concerned, though the router software can still be seen on 192.168.8.1, which is illogical. Bloody Windoze. Bring back xp. Brian
Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I have my updates set to tell me when they're available but only update on my instruction. KB305583 keeps appearing as available, but I in turn keep ignoring it. Are you saying they've now tacked the 'Get Win10' onto a different update, or just that they're still pushing KB305583 ?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

En el artículo , Chris Hogg escribió:

Same here.

I right-clicked and chose "Hide update". It then should not appear again, but M$ "update" it with minor changes so that Windows Update offers it once again as it thinks it's a new update.

Still pushing 305583, but altering/changing it to justify bypassing the user's choice to hide it.

If you want to avoid all things to do with the Win10 upgrade, hide or uninstall the following:

2952664 2977759 3050265 3035583 3066708
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Switch to Linux.