Window stay - variable opening with screw catch plus full opening

Fiddling with the window stay on our new bedroom large oak French window. It is a standard window stay with a limited opening, and also no secure clip down.

I had a 'moment' with a gust of wind which made me think the stay was not a secure way of fixing this window.

So - what I want.

A long robust stay which will allow constant variable opening - not just a few stops - and will also lock in any position. So far so good - there are such stays, usually the stay runs through an oblong opening with a screw on top to clamp it.

However these stays also seem to have an end stop which prevents the stay coming out of the clamp.

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right back against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Perfect time for the favorite answer in ukDIY.... ANGLE GRINDER.....

....applied to the end stop, sorted.

Reply to
Gazz

As long as there is also an angle un-grinder to refit the end stop.

I need a stay with an easily removable/refittable stop.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

As above, then drill a hole in the end of the stay and put a nut and bolt through it?

I admit this may not be acceptable in some households.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

"David WE Roberts" wrote

'kinell, do you want the moon on a stick too? :)

Mount the inner end of the slider stay jobby via an easily removable method... pin that can be pulled out, quarter turn screw or something?

Reply to
Gazz