French Window stays

My mate has just had a sliding patio door replaced by a French window arrangement - two doors with a glazed panel each side.

He didn't want stays to limit the opening to about 90 degrees as he wants them to open to their maximum - but he needs something to hold them without damaging the handles.

I have seen devices on shutters in Spain which latch them back and are easily released.

Does anyone know of any such device - ideally fixed above the doors - to hold them safely open and to act as a limiting stop?

Reply to
John