French Doors onto Garage

I'm thinking about fitting French doors to the back of my garage which goes out onto the garden. My garage is separate from the house (there is a three foot path). The last detail shouldn't matter but can anyone estimate how much it'll cost for LABOUR to knock out some bricks at back of the garage and fit in French doors?

T.H

Reply to
Tyler

There's an inverse relationship between the number of times you re- post the same question and the quality of answers you are likely to get.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

£50-100?

I tentatively suggest you allow some money for a lintel first.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Seriously though.........................

Is the wall single or double skin?

Will the bricks also need to be moved from the area by the person doing the work?

(There are approx 60 bricks to the square metre weighing at least 2.5 kg per brick So if the doors are 2 metres by 2 metres then comfortably over 600 kgs of material will need to be shifted)

If so where to? and how far away is that, and what is the access like?

Will the garage be empty or will items be needed to be moved or protected?

Will a lintel be needed?

Do the French doors come as a ready assembled or as a pre manufactured flat pack unit or has the workman to cut and join the frame before fitting and then hang the doors?

Will the bottom of the door frame fit directly onto the garage base or will a course or two of bricks be needed first?

Are the doors ready glazed or will the workman be expected to glaze them? If so how many panes of glass per door and has he got to bead out as well?

What security do you expect him to fit?

Do you want him to fit retainers to hold the doors open?

Does he then need to paint or treat the doors?

If the work is expected to take more than one day has he to make the opening secure at the end of each day?

I'm sure I have probably missed something here but perhaps you may now see why what appears to you to be a simple question does not mean that the answer is simple

Tony

Reply to
TMC