Windmill Part II??

Possibly, but it begs the question...

Why in the 21st Century is he living in the dark ages?

Mind you, I know of some people in the West Country that still plough using horse & cart because they don't *trust* tractors

Reply to
Robbo

The message from "Robbo" contains these words:

But is he? Given the ease with which the media gets the wrong end of the stick my guess is that he has a generator of some sort if only not to upset his wife.

There are often properties in isolated areas without mains power but to remain without any form of electricity would indicate a died in the wool luddite and totally out of character for an 'inventor', particularly one who is an electrician by trade.

However if he lives where I think he does, neither Mickle Beck nor Beck Mickle is named on the OS 1:25000 so I can't be sure, his property is certainly isolated. I actually walked past it a few years ago but unfortunately too long ago to remember if there was a generator thudding away in the background. There is however an illustration of the house in Wainwrights 'The Outlying Fells of Lakeland' to remind me what it looked like.

A club I belong to built a hut in a remote part of Wales between 1960 and 1965 initially lit by paraffin and gas. By the end of the decade we had installed a generator in a purpose built hut and the place is now served by mains electricity. That is further from the public road (although not necessarily from mains electricity) than the Gilmartin residence.

I more recently walked past what could easily be the most isolated habitation in England and that had a diesel generator running right by the path so I couldn't miss the stink.

Reply to
Roger