Will plaster key to expanded foam

I have made a deep chasing into a wall to take 2 copper pipes for CH. If I fill this with expanded foam will plaster stick to the foam. I had thought about putting plaster board over the void and filling with foam as a backing for support but I might be able to dispense with the PB.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

No it wont,why put PB over the void? why not just slap the plaster in there when you're plastering it?

Reply to
George

I didn't think that cement direct to copper pipe was acceptable so I am guessing that plaster direct onto copper might be frowned upon, plus the amount of plaster it would take.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

plaster will stick to expanded foam, but it's a pain in the arse, if the chasing is deep enough, cover the two pipes with fibreglass insulation and plaster over - the pipes will have room to expand and contract and the plastering will be easier. Failing that, it's ex-foam *then* strips of plasterboard set into it, then plaster.

Reply to
Phil L

for metal lathing

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Or more precisely Expamet Exmet on page 17

Reply to
TMC