Will No-Nails hold electrical boxes?

Sounds like the clearance you have would suit NMN as you originally suggested. Plaster and mortar are for the pros, whose holes are not so carefully done

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Shame. Missed opportunity. Higher limit, so if you really succeed in catalysing the punters into action with your two-part rhetoric you could cure the whole congregation.

As it is, the bonding that you can achieve is epoxy way of collecting converts.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Quick set mortar is juts house body filler as opposed to car..the filler is probably sand, but its still a polyester resin/catalyst mix.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So you admit that DIY involves precision.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nope. If there is enough brick left to take em..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No - but it can sometimes be difficult to get a decent fixing - into say breeze. A slurp of mortar into the 'orrible 'ole then slapping in the box is the true proper bodge. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You've missed your vocation

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I've already booked the phone box.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One reason I dislike dry lining boxes - apart from the fact you can see them. They can do exactly that if you're sloppy with the cutout.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I do what I can....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Too damned right, but I don't need expensive tools to achieve it. Why, only this morning I drilled a perfect hole in the wall with a drill that cost less than £50. Difficult to believe I know, but you'll have to take my word for it. I might even do another one this afternoon when I've allowed the motor to cool down

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Why? Take a video (or some photos and make a slide show) and put it up on YouTube....

Reply to
:Jerry:

There's a big difference in price though. And availability at a reasonable cost. A shed will have the mortar - but to get cheap body filler will likely mean mail order. And even then it's more expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can't believe that, and not even a Makita too. Wow!!! The drill must have broken half way through entailing a guarantee replacement that took you all day to get.

Or replaced the dill under guarantee with no spare parts backup either.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Does it have a free technical support number? If so I will have crate of it!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you knew anything about COSH (etc.) you would know that it would have to.

Reply to
:Jerry:

that would be COSHH

/pedant

Reply to
Bob Mannix

No, it wasn't that busy in the Pound Shop. There were, however, more than 2 people at the checkout, which is inconvenient to a man of my calibre, and not something up with which I normally put.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Dang! it cost 40p for some rawl plugs...how much is it for car body filla?

Reply to
George

That chair you see hanging on the wall in the tv advert is screwed to the wall.

Reply to
George